At Techstep, we work purposefully to become a leading provider of Managed Mobility Services in Europe. Our software-based solution makes it easier for enterprises to let their employees do more of their work on mobile devices, regardless of where and when they work, and with a high degree of security and operational stability. Techstep has 350 employees in Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Poland, and serves more than 2,000 customers across various industries in the private and public sectors. The company is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange.
Techstep has high focus on software development, and to strengthen our software engineering teams, we are now looking for a senior engineering leader for the role of Director of SmartControl R&D.
Areas of responsibility
- Overall responsibility for the international software engineering teams in Norway, Sweden and Poland
- Lead, manage, motivate and develop the team members
- Managing our external development resources (external consultants from Norway, Turkey, Poland and Bangladesh)
- Optimizing the organizational setup of the teams, and expand by finding the right talents
- Facilitating efficient agile cooperation between the different software engineering teams, as well as with other divisions within the company
- Close collaboration with the Product department to optimize the product roadmap
- Defining and following up on OKR’s (Objective Key Results) for the software engineering teams
- Relevant software engineering experience (5 years +)
- Knowledge of our technology stacks (C#, Angular, PHP, SQL, Docker/Kubernetes, Azure cloud, Kotlin, Swift)
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools (some of the ones we use are Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Maven)
- Experience with microservice oriented and event driven architecture
- Experience in leading and coaching team members
- Experience with agile software development methodologies
- Higher technical education
Fluent in English, with excellent speaking and writing skills Experience from successfully building and scaling software teams (15+ people) Proven track record of building a culture that encourages autonomy, innovation, teamwork and productivity. Ability to work and scale within a fast-growing and agile company, A strategic mindset Goal oriented and performance driven with focus on delivery Previous experience working in a multi-cultural environment will be a huge advantage
Techstep can offer a challenging position in a company with high growth ambitions. You will have the opportunity to experience personal growth and development in a work environment that is characterized by strong values, diversity and awesome team-spirit. Competitive terms and conditions.
HR Business Partner